More than 700 people and dozens of prominent businesses gathered to celebrate the achievements of more than 20 of NWI’s female leaders at the Influential Women of Northwest Indiana Awards Banquet. Attendees included representatives from many corporate entities, as well as elected officials, entrepreneurs, nonprofit organizers, and more.
20 women received accolades in 10 different industry categories; one Influential Woman and one Up-And-Coming Woman. Also, additional special awards were distributed for overall winners, empowering business of the year, the Torch Award, community leader of the year, and supporter of the year.
Winners were selected from a pool of over 200 nominees that were submitted by their peers, colleagues, family, and friends.
The Overall Up & Coming Woman of the Year is Heather Garay, city controller with the City of Hammond. The Overall Influential Woman of the Year is Stacey Brock, gas transportation analyst with NIPSCO.
“How different would Northwest Indiana be without these influential women?” asked Erica Dombey, chair of NWIIWA and president of the Regional Development Company. “It certainly wouldn’t be a place where companies and individuals could achieve success. Influential Women alumni and nominees change the paradigm for business in NWI.”
See pics from the event here! Be sure to tag yourself!
2018 Influential Women of Northwest Indiana Award Winners
Overall Influential Woman of the Year
- Stacey Brock, NIPSCO
Overall Up and Coming Woman of the Year
- Heather Garay, City of Hammond
- Up & Coming: Farren Felus, Crossroads Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Influential Woman: Patti Komara, Patti’s All American
Construction & Manufacturing
- Up & Coming: Zhifen Wang, ArcelorMittal
- Influential Woman: Amy Henningfield, Superior Construction Company, Inc.
Economic Development & Government
- Up & Coming: Katie Eaton, Economic Development Corporation of Michigan City
- Influential Woman: Sherri Rainford, Town of Morocco
- Up & Coming: Valentine Torres, Hobart High School
- Influential Woman: Sharon Johnson-Shirley, Lake Ridge New Tech Schools
- Up & Coming: Sarah Kotys, Kotys Wealth Professionals
- Influential Woman: Nicole Nalepa, Horizon Bank
- Up & Coming: Denise Carpenter, North Shore Health Centers
- Influential Woman: Janet Seabrook, Gary Community Healthnet
- Up & Coming: Angela Jones, The Law Office of Angela M. Jones
- Influential Woman: Julie Rosenwinkel, Krieg DeVault, LLP
- Up & Coming: Jennifer Craig-Brown, Ideas in Motion Media
- Influential Woman: Carrie Kuck, HealthLinc
- Up & Coming: Jean Bowman, Nazareth Home
- Influential Woman: Debie Coble, Goodwill Industries of Michiana, Inc.
- Up & Coming: Diana Bosse, City of Crown Point
- Influential Woman: Kate Rather, Green is Good by Kate
- Rhiannon Kinsey, Mental Health America of Northwest Indiana
Supporter of the Year Award
- Erica Dombey, Regional Development Company
Community Leader of the Year Award
- Helen Garrison, Albert’s Diamond Jewelers
Empowering Business of the Year
- Lippert Components and Acts of Service
Don’t forget, you can submit nominations and sponsorships all year long for the 2019 awards banquet! Click here to nominate!