The inaugural group of governing board members for the Northwest Indiana Influential Women Association (NWIIWA) has been announced, representing a strong cross-section of companies and industries from throughout the region. The appointees are as follows:
- Erica Dombey, Chair – Regional Development Corporation
- Sue Reed, Vice Chair – Crossroads Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Tina Stevens, Treasurer – Ironworkers Local #395
- Christina Matoski, Secretary – OurHealth
- Andrea Pearman, President – NWIIWA
- Sister Aline Shultz – Franciscan Health
- Danette Garza – Jack Gray Transport
- Africa Tarver – City of Hammond
- James Muhammad – Lakeshore Public Television
- Dr. Cynthia Roberts – Indiana University Northwest
- Nick Popovich – Sage-Popovich
- Charles Nordyke – Vibra Hospital of Northwestern Indiana
- Karen Lauerman – Lake County IN Economic Alliance
- Rex Richards – Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Corporation
Erica Dombey, of the Valparaiso-based Regional Development Company, will be serving as the executive board chair and Andrea Pearman, of Crown Point-based Diversified Marketing Strategies, will be serving as executive director.
Members of the board come from a diverse array of industries, including healthcare, education, logistics, economic development, aviation, government, media, marketing, industrial firms, and others – much like the Influential Women themselves.
Three principal committees for the association have been designated as the Education and Development Committee, the Awards Banquet Committee, and the Networking Events Committee. Combined, their efforts will be directed to a singular overall objective: to create forward-thinking ways for women to build their networks and develop their careers within their respective industries.
By relying on the expertise of members and associates, NWIIWA is uniquely positioned to build new educational partnerships, launch events where professionals can meet one another and share ideas, and promote the advancement of women in the region for years to come.
Are you a member of NWIIWA? Any company or individual that would like to be a part of ensuring the future success stories of women in our region is encouraged to visit the membership page here. NWIIWA is an inclusive organization and anyone is welcome to join regardless of gender or industry.